Acupuncture & Asian Medicine | Chiropractic | CranioSacral Therapy | Cupping | Energy Medicine | Food Therapy | Healing Touch | Integrative Health & Wellness Coaching | Massage & Bodywork | Medical Care | Nutrition | Reiki | Rolfing | Shamanic Healing | Traditional Chinese Medicine: Herbal Therapy
Acupuncture and Asian Medicine is a method of promoting natural healing and proper function in the body. Acupuncture is practiced by inserting hair-thin, sterile needles at strategic points in order to achieve a balanced and smooth flow of qi ("chee") and blood.
Movement is life. In the chiropractic tradition, we restore motion in the joints where it has been lost or restricted. This gives you increased range of motion, decreased pain, and improved function in your muscles and organs.
Our doctors are trained to provide a range of different approaches, from very gentle and suitable for children to more dynamic adjustments. We find just the right combination of techniques to help you live your life more fully. Approaches we offer include diversified, drop-piece, activator, and CranioSacral. Your doctor will tell you about these options at your first visit or two.
CranioSacral Therapy is a holistic healing practice that uses very light touching to balance the CranioSacral system in the body, which includes the bones, nerves, fluids, and connective tissues of the cranium and spinal area. This therapy is very gentle, subtle, and relaxing. It is a great way for you center and access your innate ability to heal.
Heated glass cups are applied to the skin along meridians of the body, creating suction as a way of stimulating the flow of energy, releasing stagnation, detoxifying tissues, and increasing circulation.
Energy healing allows you to release and clear energy blockages, as well as increase and circulate your vital force (qi or prana). I blend the following techniques:
- qi gong
- healing touch
- guided imagery
Food is one of the most powerful medicines we can use! We can explore:
- constitutional and seasonal dietary therapy
- digestive system support
- mindful eating
- functional nutrition
Healing Touch is a relaxing, nurturing, energy therapy. Gentle touch assists in balancing your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Healing Touch works with your energy field to support your natural ability to heal. It is safe for all ages and works in harmony with standard medical care. Provided by RN HTP (Healing Touch Practitioner).
How can Healing Touch benefit you?
- stress reduction
- calming anxiety and depression
- decreasing pain
- strengthening the immune system
- enhancing recovery from surgery
- complementing care for neck and back problems
- deepening spiritual connection
- supporting cancer care
- creating a sense of well-being
- easing acute and chronic conditions
Integrative health and wellness coaching is an emerging field in health care that focuses on helping you find clarity and increase awareness around various health and lifestyle issues, so you can make intentional changes and increase your capacity to be present and productive.
A typical session will include exploring challenges through:
- learning to listen to your heart’s wisdom and speak your truth
- telling your story and discovering ways to reframe it so you feel empowered
- connecting to your inspiration and motivation
- finding creative ways to overcome obstacles
- nurturing self-compassion and authenticity
- mind-body interventions, such as guided imagery, breathwork, and exploratory movement
- diet and lifestyle support
Massage is a hands-on soft-tissue therapy intended to reduce stress and fatigue. There are many benefits, including increased circulation and lymph flow, improved immune function, and a heightened sense of well being, to name just a couple of them. You and your therapist will discuss what techniques are right for you, and what areas you prefer to have addressed. Each session is customized just for you.
Dr. Aaron is a traditionally trained physician with many non-traditional experiences throughout his career that have deepened his appreciation and respect for the human body. There is no single recipe for a happy life, nor a magic pill to make everything go away. Yet, sometimes antibiotics, surgery, or a consultation with a medical doctor is needed. And sometimes acupuncture, adjustment, or craniosacral therapy is needed, but more often than not – if we stop long enough to listen to our body – the solution is not too far away.
Dr. Aaron is licensed to practice medicine in Minnesota, North Dakota, and California. In addition to his specialized training related to orthopedics, he has a uniquely broad understanding of medicine. He offers medical consultations to discuss anything related to your health – including acute injuries or illnesses, general wellness, second opinions, medications, and more. He is able to order diagnostic lab and imaging studies, as well as prescriptions, anywhere that is convenient for you. And most importantly, he can refer you to another professional for specialized care if needed.
Video and email consultations available by request.
Functional medicine takes an individualized approach to your health. One person's skin irritation is not the same as the next person's, and so the remedy may not be the same. In fact, functional medicine prefers to treat the underlying causes of symptoms and foundational health for prevention with the following concepts in mind:
- Each person has a unique biochemistry and may have different environmental sensitivities or requirements of nutrients.
- Health care is more important than disease care. This means educating people to make better choices, improving the foundation of health throughout the systems, and acknowledging the body's warning signs when they appear.
- The body has an amazing ability to adapt to stress, and pain is a poor indicator of health. Therefore, examination and tests are important tools in finding imbalance early enough to alter the outcome before a disease state sets in.
- Each system in the body affects all the other systems in the body. For example, if hormonal disregulation exists, it is important to properly assess all the systems in case the origin of the problem is elsewhere, such as digestion.
- Health is not the absence of disease. It is the presence of vitality, a state of balance, a combination of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
The tools we use in functional medicine include thorough interview, physical examination, dietary assessment, laboratory analysis, and nutritional supplementation. No two people are given the same recommendations. If you choose to utilize this approach to healing, it is important that you follow your doctor's recommendations. If you want a pill to fix everything, this is not approach for you. Functional medicine is all about learning about your unique health status and requirements then taking personal responsibility for getting the best possible outcome for you.
Reiki is a beautiful and beneficial energy medicine modality. Originating in Japan in the early 1920's, founder Mikao Usui passed along his teachings to others, and eventually it found its way to the US where it is now one of the more commonly practiced forms of gentle hands-on healing. During a reiki session, the client remains clothed and rests peacefully on the table while the practitioner uses light touch to promote a state of balance within the body.
Rolfing is a hands-on method that employs slow, sustained pressure with the goal to release habituated patterns that cause unnecessary tension and pain. Through a series of sessions, you will learn how to let go of restrictive patterns and relate to your body’s sensations differently while appreciating the subtleties. As the tone of your soft tissue resets and your body awareness improves coordination, posture, and range of motion enhances leaving you more adaptable and resilient to life's stressors.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT THE HEALING GARAGE, BUT YOU CAN FIND GRANT ERNHART AT THIS NEW LOCATION HERE: rolfingminneapolis.net.
Shamanic healing is arguably the oldest form of medicine and has been observed in countless forms all around the world. Shamanic healing practices may look very different depending on the culture in which they are used (both historically and in present day), however at the root of shamanic healing is the understanding that all imbalances arise from, and effect, the level of the Spirit. Therefore, at its heart, shamanic healing aims to clear old energetic patterns and restore wholeness to the Spirit so you feel more alive, embodied, and connected.
Shamanic healing sessions may include:
- extraction and clearing of energetic blockages that are preventing wholeness
- retrieval of power and vitality through the returning of lost soul fragments
- fostering relationships with spirit allies
- alignment with your soul's purpose in this life
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) works through the physiologic action of the herbs, and pays special attention to the properties unleashed through combinations of herbs. For example, a Chinese herbalist will choose an herb for a specific effect and complement it with another herb that will increase that beneficial effect.